DR. PRADEEPTA KUMAR SETHY
MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Gastroenterology
Senior Consultant and Director of Gasteroentrology Department at MEDICA Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata. He is an adept Gasteroenterologist with 23 years of practice experience with the highest level of success rate.
Dr. P K Sethy did his DM in Gastroenterology (2003) and MD in Medicine (1999) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India. He has completed his MBBS in the year 1996 from Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha, India.
Apart from his medical practice, Dr P K Sethy has been instrumental in publishing several papers on Gastroenterology in India and abroad. He has been honoured with the membership in scientific societies of prestigious medical associations worldwide.
Dr. Sethy believes in promoting health awareness and following a healthy lifestyle in the society. His compassionate patient care and lifestyle advocacy has helped several patients to recover from various disorders. As a committed doctor, he has undergone specialized training programs and has attended many conferences held across the country
- Life member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Life member of Indian Association for the Study of the Liver (INASL)
- Life member of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
- American College of Gastroenterology ( ACG )
- American Society of Gastrointesinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association ( IMA)
- Governing Council Member, Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (2007 – 09)
- Treasurer, Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (2009 to 2015).
- FACG – USA
- DM – Gastroenterology – PGI, Chandigarh, 2003.
- MD – Internal Medicine – PGI, Chandigarh, 1999.
- MBBS – SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa, 1996.
- Three-year residency program in Medicine at PGIMER, Chandigarh (1997-1999).
- Three-year residency program in Gastroenterology at PGIMER, Chandigarh (2000-2003).
AREA OF RESEARCH
- Effect of esophageal variceal sclerotherapy on lung function (as part of M.D. thesis).
- Extraintestinal manifestations of idiopathic ulcerative colitis (as part of D.M. thesis).
- Investigator for a number of international trials.
- New PPI in peptic ulcer disease.
- Short course Interferon in Hepatitis C.
- New drugs in Idiopathic ulcerative colitis.
- Long term results of Entecavir in Hepatitis B